I'm tired right now, but there are some things on my mind.
Last night I was out with friends to celebrate R's birthday. It was a fun time as we all went to dinner and see a play, the came back to R and her husband's house to play this game where someone asks a question and people write down their answer and then someone reads the answers everyone wrote down and the person who asked the question has to guess who said what. There were silly questions like how do you think the world will end and who has the nicest feet in the group. There were also more personal questions, but nothing too personal was asked last night.
It was a game that kind of made me think about myself.
One of the questions was what will be the happiest moment of your life or what do you look forward to doing in the future...something along the lines of that. Two of my friends (one who is married, the other engaged) said have a baby, my friend's fiance said marriage, three of the guys had silly answers, and one girl said buy a house. R was one of my friends who said have a baby and asked the one who said buy a house why she didn't say marriage or have a baby since she is engaged and her response was that she assumed marriage would happen for her and that she wasn't even thinking about kids yet.
My response to this question? Running a marathon in Disney World. Yes, there is a marathon that happens in Disney World. I think it would be really cool to do something like that, though I'm not sure if I would be diciplined enough to train for it. I knew that marriage and babies would probably be the right answer for this question, but I couldn't bring myself to put either of them now. I don't know if I really expect marriage to happen for me anymore and I guess it's just something I don't really hope for anymore. As for babies, I don't think I want kids, but I guess there's always the possibility of changing my mind if I were to meet someone. At this point, I just can't picture either of these events happening for me, which is why I did not write them down.
Anyway, R's reaction to the friend who answered buy a house made me wonder if I'll be friends with any of these people in the future if I continue going down the path I'm currently on.
Another question asked during this game was "what are you always trying to find?" Most answers were keys, phone, or some silly answer. My answer? Myself. I think most people thought I was trying to be funny. I don't think anyone who was there last night knows how truthful I was being when I answered this question.
There was also a question about "what don't people do enough of today?" Someone answered think for themselves. Two people thought that was my answer which I found to be interesting. I'm not really sure why they thought that.
I also found out that R's husband apparently thinks I must be some dark, depressing person. One of the questions was "how would you describe your bedroom?" and someone answered sunny and R's husband said that couldn't be my answer since I'm a dark person. I guess I shouldn't be surprised that he thinks this because I guess it is kind of true. Of course, my answer had to be gloomy, but only because my room is in the basement, which obviously does not have a lot of sunlight, therefore making it gloomy.
This whole game made me wonder what it would be like to ask the people I know what exactly they think of me. That could possibly be a scary thing to find out.
I don't know, this game made me think about myself and the perception others have of me a lot more than I thought it would.
Oh, and can I add the one of the questions was "where would be an interesting place for a first date?" hahahahaaha I really wanted to answer that it would be interesting if I even had a first date, but I didn't.
Okay, I'm about ready to fall asleep here on the computer. I'm pretty sure this post does not make much sense, but I guess that's okay because it's my blog and I can babble if I want to :)
interesting thought-provoking game... i kinda think doing a marathon in disney world sounds uber cool. you should totally do it. i've done marathons before and the feeling is amazing... nevermind the pain haha!
ReplyDelete